Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has, so far, executed GSPAs with the operators of 53 gas-fueled units, for the supply of 56.3 MMSCMD of gas from the KG D-6 basin. Consumers over seven industry segments -- fertilizer, power, sponge-iron, city-gas distribution, LPG sector, refineries and petrochemicals-- have signed these binding agreements, which are preliminary to the commencement of gas supplies.
Out of the 53 industrial units, 23 units are gas-fired power stations, which have been allotted 26.67 MMSCMD of gas on firm basis from the KG D-6 basin. Sector-wise details of these GSPAs have been given below:
- Fertilizer sector: 16 plants, 15.34 MMSCMD of gas
- Power sector: 23 plants, 26.67 MMSCMD of gas
- Sponge iron and steel industries: 3 units, 4.19 MMSCMD of gas
- City-gas distribution: 4 operators, 0.65 MMSCMD of gas
- LPG sector: Executed with GAIL for 2.59 MMSCMD
- Refineries: 4, plants, 3.66 MMSCMD of gas
- Petrochemical: 1.92 MMSCMD, retained by RIL for its unit in Gujarat.